January 2, 2008

Happy New Year

During the Christmas celebration I took a break from all things electronic in order to focus on all things relational. Time with family and friends has been sweet and difficult. I have also encountered some most unusual people along the way - the cat food man, Rog the banjo making janitor, and a lady who drives for a living. I am now wondering who I'll meet next...

My first moments back in the office opened the never ending doors of shepherding opportunity. A lady dealing with terminal health issues but doesn't want anyone (including her pastor) to know about it (but I do know, what now?), another lady whose life is a general mess, a young man who is not a believer but whose family is praying for him fervently, sermons to prepare, committees to meet with, and plans to make for the year. It sounds burdensome but I have found that "His yoke is easy and His burden is light."

Another cup of coffee, a few moments of prayer, a couple of visits to make, and a world of wonder to experience as I follow the one who has called me.

3 comments:

Paul Thompson said...

Happy New Year John, You're so right about the shepherding work being God's and he declares it easy and light. Good word of reflection for the start of a new year. (can it really be 2008?)

Mike said...

BEing invovled and connected in the life of others is one of our most important missions. Jesus modelled a pattern we should follow.

This is a good testamony.

kevin said...

Happy New Year!