June 24, 2009

Breathtaking Confession

Breathtaking.

That's all I can say about Gov. Mark Sanford's press conference today.

Clarity, clarity, surely clarity is the most b...Image by [ r ♥ c e y t ♥ y ] {I br♥ke for bokeh} via Flickr



By way of quick review here's what we saw:
  • A man take full and personal responsibility for his actions. No finger pointing. No whining. No paper thin double talk about word definitions (i.e. Clinton's "It depends on what the meaning of 'is' is.") Just a man simply saying, "I was wrong."
  • A public figure using words like "sin," "God's moral law," and "forgiveness" with a straight face and with the expectation that those listening would understand what he meant. (I think many, if not most, did understand.)
  • A man clearly stating that though the sin was committed by him it had serious and far reaching ramifications in the lives of many others.
I may find words later. For now, I am breathless.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

Unknown said...

John, This really was an amazing confession.